We are here to help you. If you have need of our services, please call us. Or, if you prefer, you can fill out the form on the right.
Are you thinking about pre-planning your funeral? Pre-planning is the best way to choose how you're remembered, to ease the emotional and financial burden on your loved ones, to protect yourself from rising funeral costs, and to let your family know your final wishes.
Click here to learn more, or fill out this form and we will contact you.
We provide our families with an open door policy.
Mt. Olivet Memorial Park
1436 Kenosha Road
Zion, IL US
If you are looking for information on a particular topic, or if you are looking for a loved one who has been entrusted to our care, you can use the form below to narrow down your search.
Mt. Olivet Memorial Park
Cemetery Rules and Regulations
For Decorating Outside Burial Grounds
1. The Cemetery allows no plants, bushes, trees, or shrubbery of any kind to be placed or removed by anyone but the cemetery. Cemetery grounds workers will remove any such plantings and discard the same.
2. Planting in the ground is allowed around the FRONT of upright memorials only and must not extend more than 12 inches from the base of the monument. We are not responsible for weeding, trimming, watering and/or damage to plantings for ANY reason. Plantings will be removed or mowed when unsightly.
3. Potted or boxed plants will be allowed for no more than a week and are removed every Monday. Containers must be plastic or metal and can not be any larger than eight inches wide by 16 inches long. All objects, other than approved floral bouquets in approved vases, will be removed.
4. DO NOT USE ANY GLASS, POTTERY, STYROFOAM, CROCKERY, CANS, STATUARY, WOODEN CROSSES OR TRELLISES, SHEPHERDS HOOKS, PAPER MACHE, CLAY OR OTHER ORNAMENTS OR DECORATIONS (INCLUDING DECORATIVE ROCK/BARK OR EDGING/BORDERS OF ANY KIND). THEY ARE UNSIGHTLY AND CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO PEOPLE AND EQUIPMENT.
5. During Spring/Summer decorating season, we allow only fresh cut, plastic or silk flowers in approved, permanently installed vases or temporary metal vases.
6. Temporary metal vases can be found by our maintenance building and may be used free of charge.
7. AS OF MARCH 1, 2010, SHEPHERDS HOOKS OR SIMILAR DEVICES OF ANY MATERIAL (with exception of wreath stands in Fall/Winter Decorating Season ONLY) WILL NO LONGER BE ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON THE GROUNDS OF MT. OLIVET MEMORIAL PARK.
8. ONLY ONE DECORATION IS ALLOWED PER GRAVE.
9. Any items placed in the cemetery shall be placed in line with the existing row of memorials so as not to hamper mowing duties.
10. During the Fall/Winter decorating season, evergreen wreaths on approved wreath stands (no shepherds hooks) or evergreen grave blankets are the ONLY Fall/Winter decorations permitted.
11. DO NOT USE BRONZE VASES DURING FALL/WINTER DECORATING SEASON AS THEY WILL FREEZE AND CRACK!
12. We are not responsible for any vases, grave blankets or other decorations that might be covered with snow and damaged by equipment.
13. Grave blankets are allowed in the Fall/Winter Decorating season only. We are not responsible for damage to grass below the grave blanket. If replanting or tending to the grave surface is required, the lot owner will be billed for any applicable fees including labor and materials.
14. Decorations are always subject to removal if they are unsightly or do not follow our rules and regulations.
ANY DECORATIONS THAT DO NOT ABIDE BY THESE RULES
WILL BE REMOVED AND DISPOSED OF
Spring/Summer: March 16 – October 31
Fall/ Winter: November 16 – February 28
All decorations you wish to keep must be removed by February 28 and October 31 to allow for our semi-annual maintenance. Decorations that are on the grounds as of March 1 and November 1 will be disposed of. No decorations are allowed on our grounds during our maintenance periods unless special permission is granted by an officer of our corporation. If you are unable to pick up decorations you wish to keep, please call our office a minimum of one week prior to our clean up date (March 1 or November 1). We will remove the decorations for you and hold them for a maximum of two weeks. If you have not picked up the decorations within two weeks, the decorations will be disposed of.
(No decorations of any kind allowed)
Spring/Summer: March 1 – March 15
Fall/ Winter: November 1 – November 15
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DECORATIONS
Grieving doesn't always end with the funeral: subscribe to our free daily grief support email program, designed to help you a little bit every day, by filling out the form below.
It's hard to know what to say when someone experiences loss. Our free weekly newsletter provides insights, quotes and messages on how to help during the first year.